Thursday, November 26, 2009

Jello, whipped cream, and fritos

This my friends is the Thanksgiving meal of champions. My mother slaved away for days cooking and baking, but leave it to my niece to only eat items that I'm pretty sure were not devoured on the first Thanksgiving. The rest of the family, however, ate anything and everything that wasn't bolted down. It comes once a year and we knowingly put ourselves in misery for the comfort of food. Such joy is felt as that wonderous taste slids across our pallet creating this warm and satisfying feeling. Although in 15 mins, we know that we're going to be doubled over in pain as our bellies are filled way beyond capacity. Just as a turkey-induced coma renders us completely helpless, it's time for pie! Of course, you have to sample a "sliver" of 4 different pies to satisfy an already stuffed appetite. Yet after countless hours in the kitchen, consuming thousands of calories, and popping handfuls of tums, I would do it all again tomorrow...and probably will:)

1 comment:

Debra said...

I smiled and nodded in agreement as I read your post. But boy was it good!