Saturday, January 2, 2010

Best of Intentions

Isn't this how we start each year? We make all these resolutions to "better" ourselves hoping to make our lives happier. In reality, this state of euphoria is short-lived as we realize the goals we set are simply unattainable. The months fly by and so does our ambition. Pretty soon we're at the end of another year failing to remember our past attempts and so willing to jump into new commitments. Looking over my 2009 resolutions, I did not complete one. I thought it was going to be "my year." Things great, grand, and wonderful were going to happen and I wouldn't be the same person. Honestly, what was I thinking? I took no responsibility for my desires and just expected things to be handed to me. So for 2010 I'm only making two resolutions...

1. To live and love "in the moment" not wait for "something better"
2. To create...oh the possibilities