Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Camping Griswolds' Style

Finally this was the weekend that everyone was able to meet up to go camping at Yuba Lake. It's been a pretty unusual summer since this marked my first time jet-skiing and it's August. Unfortunately, the winds decided to turn our campsite into a tornado. We had the campground and lake to ourselves. We figured we were the only ones brave enough to face the elements. My mom and dad bought a tent at Wal-Mart so we wouldn't be cramped in the trailer, but wouldn't you know? It's a shotty piece of work. We didn't even have it set up an hour before one of the poles broke. We had to move it a few times and jimmy-rig it together. Luckily, Tash and Chris got one night of shelter out of it. I guess it was a one-time use tent. This is the quality you get from Wal-Mart. Other than that, we enjoyed the sun, the food, and just chillaxin' as Tash would say. Just one of the broken poles
Learn from my mistakes :)

3 comments:

tikichikadee said...

I love racoon face! You can always tell who has been skiing in winter and 'chilaxin' with shades on in summer. It looks like you guys had fun and that s'more makes me hungry.

The Jacobson Family said...

Looks like fun besides all the wind and I love the racoon eyes, you are funny and I'm not big on smores but that looks freakin good.

tikichikadee said...

Okay, Trista, I have a goldmine for you because I know how absolutely much you adore walmart.
peopleofwalmart.com
Bring a box of tissues.