Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Do dreams really come true? I hope not.

I wish I could be one of those lucky souls who get a peaceful night's sleep. I hate to report that I am not. From a very young age, I have had countless nights of restless tossing and turning only to drift asleep long enough to awake frightened or just completely confused from a dream. I had no idea that our subconcious minds could create such vivid and down-right crazy situations. Between the ages of 4-5, I awoke almost every night from a recurring nightmare and had to sleep with mommy and daddy. In this nightmare, the ghosts from Pac-Man were on a murderous rampage killing everyone. Once they had gotten to a family, the house turned gray. Once the entire town lost color I knew I had to get to my G-ma's house which was in the next town over. Sometimes I made it to her house to find safety and other times it'd already be gray. Morbid I know. Don't ask me how I was even aware of Pac-Man ghosts at that age or that murder was a concern for me.

Fortunately, I didn't have many nightmares besides this one, but I've had my fair share of dreams that are just completely insane. My recent dreams are no exception and I've decided that I need a dream interpreter or something. Many of you have delighted in my detailed illusions, but I'll skim over the highlights for the rest of y'all. 1) I was a new member of NKOTB. We were about to go on stage and I realized I hadn't learned the routine for our concert. I also had to learn how to shave my face since I never had before. Apparently, they wanted us to be that clean-cut boy-next-door. **I'm pretty sure I was still female though???** 2) My 3-year old daughter was addicted to crack/cocaine. She acted and spoke like a rebellious teenager so I slapped her for talking back to me and for being high. **I knew it was wrong because she was only 3 yet she behaved like an adolescent.** 3) I had a baby who I delivered myself only she came out in plastic doll parts and I had to assemble her myself. Then she turned into a real baby. **No I haven't watched Pinocchio lately.**

So I'm not really sure where to go from here. These are only a few examples of the multitude of dreams I've had, but if anyone knows where I can go to make sense of this craziness, let me know. I seriously need help.

3 comments:

Marlyce said...

Those are some mighty funny dreams, especially the crack/cocaine baby. Do you have a secret habit or something? I am definitely not a dream analysis expert, but I do think you have some sleep issues. Have you ever done a sleep study or visited a sleep institute? Maybe you aren't getting into the deepest sleep. Just a thought. Merry Christmas, hope you get some dreamless sleep.

etta said...

seriously nkotb..thats hilarious, i hadnt heard that one yet. why cant we just go to bed and wake up and not remember our dreams like normal ppl..in my dream last night i found out rec had been hiring prostitutes for a year..wow i'm so irritated today. maybe you'll have happy dreams in europe:)

Team Bailey said...

Hey Trista. Unfortunately, I share the same sort of sleep/dream disorders. My dreams are extremely vivid, and sometimes down-right freaky. I always awake in the morning with a wacky dream story to tell Brandon. He thinks it's very strange because he almost always has dreamless sleep.(dang him!) Well at least it's good to know i'm not the only one. And oddly enough, your dreams don't seem that out of the ordinary to me because they remind me of somthing i would dream. Maybe we're just "special". YAY!