Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hangin' Tough After All These Years...

T squared has been on my case to post these photos and I'm finally getting around to it. I loved New Kids on the Block (NKOTB) since I was 9 and I really wanted to go to the concert. Yes, I had the pillowcase, T-shirts, and don't forget my very own lunchbox. Their darling faces also graced many, many posters I had in my room. Fast-forward 15 years later and I still love them only not so obsessively. I did not initially buy tickets because 1) no one would spend the money to go with me and 2) a friend was getting married the very same day. About 4 days before the concert, my friend D won tickets on the radio. I just about fainted. I was too young to see them in concert the first time around, so my excitement was through the roof. Don't worry I still made it to the wedding reception since the concert started late.
The E center was pretty packed with rabid NKOTB fans who were all decked out in their ripped, acid-wash jeans and neon accessories. I'm going to guess that 90% of these women were mothers mid-20s to early 30s who left their young children at home with their hubbies. I've got to say that the boys still had it though. They performed all the classic dance moves. Their voices were pristene and I actually prefer the lower tones than that of their teen voices. It was kinda creepy and awkward when Jordan changed into his falsetto. Not pleasing to the ears. The concert was very nostalgic for me and a lot of fun. My only complaint was that my fav, Jonathan, didn't get enough face time. Although I haven't listened to my NKOTB 'tapes' in years, my memory didn't fail me and I sang every word by heart. I think D even had a great time even if she wasn't a fan then. I'm sure she is now:)

2 comments:

Marlyce said...

Now if only 98 degrees would get back together, you'd just be in heaven. I'm actually jealous. I would have thought the concert would be creepy and cheesy, but I bet it was actually really fun.

etta said...

wow i am so much more jealous after watching that clip...*sigh* jordan knight, haha