Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mascara slump

What makes an optimal mascara? What qualities do you look for? This may seem a bit trivial, but I'm in search for a superior mascara. I've been on this topic for about week now and I'm calling out for help. I have gone through endless amounts of mascara and have yet to find my ideal mascara. I've used M.A.C 'X' for a couple years now with adequate results, however, I would love to be wowed or at least just love my mascara. It seems no matter how much I spend on a tube, $3 or $30 I'm always disappointed. While watching "BLUSH - the search for the next great makeup artist" Max Factor 2000 calorie mascara was mentioned in one of the challenges. So what did I do the next day? I went to Wal-Mart of all places (since they are the only store I know of that carries Max Factor) to pick up my very own tube to try out. The first day I tried it I thought I had finally found it! Lengthening, thickening, no clumping and my eyelash curler didn't stick to it. What a glorious day! I ranted and raved about it to everyone...even my sister who is a make-up artist. Well, two weeks later my tube was already drying up. I could tell the consistency wasn't holding up, but I refused to believe it and still applied til my heart was content. Two hours later it had flaked off underneath my eye creating that "sick and dead look." Needless to say, I'm back to 'X'. I'm intrigued with L'Oreal's new beauty tube mascara. I guess this mascara coats your lashes to create a similar effect that lash extentions provide. I think this will be my next venture. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Debra said...

my sister likes Mary Kay mascara...

Logan said...

I have always really loved Clinique's High Impact Mascara, and lately I've been using Neutrogena's healthy volume (with olive oil) when I want a really natural look. But I'm not too adventurous with my mascara, so I'm sure there's lots better ones out there that I've just never tried!

Chris and Tasha said...

I loved MAC Loudlash and they discontinued it:( Now I am using the new Dazzlelash. It is smudge resistent and the brush helps to separate my lashes. Which it actually does! I thought I gave one to you to try. Let me know

tikichikadee said...

Black stage makeup doesn't work well as mascara, I know, I've tried. Don't ever try to dye your eyelashes...it burns. And just for the sake of adventurous scheming, go for coal dust and water. I'm sure your dad can sneak some home for you. ;)
Happy trails!

Sharee said...

I love the Mary Kay mascara too!