Monday, January 12, 2009

My love-hate relationship with The Bachelor

I love The Bachelor. I always have. I've watched almost every season except for the one with "Brad" who didn't choose any of the girls. I applaud him for that. This season it's even better because it's Jason. He is an ideal candidate. He's good-looking, a caring father and all-around nice guy. I watched his heartbreak on The Bachelorette when Deanna dumped him. I couldn't believe it. I was very irrate. He's better off anyway right? Well, it's his turn now. However, as I watched the first two episodes, it makes me wonder why I keep tuning in to the show. It makes me cringe to see these women throwing themselves at him trying to make that "connection." I'm literally embarrassed. The women are so manipulating and needy I can hardly stand it. And I hate awkwardness which seems to be at every turn. Did anyone catch the lady with the vision boards? It was hilarious. She's a little too into her dog and she makes these collages of things she wants to happen. It looks like a kindergarten project. Then she visualizes these things and they come true. Yep, she was cut the first night. So much for the vision boards. Even though I barely made it through tonight's grueling episode, I will endure to the end. No matter how much I despise the event's of this show, I just can't seem to turn it off. Maybe there is a support group out there for me. Bachelor addicts anonymous.

1 comment:

Chris and Tasha said...

I still can't say I have watched the bachelor but you know my love for reality tv. I started watching Bret Michael's Rock of Love Bus. It is ridiculous how these girls act but like you I, Tasha, am a reality show addict. HELP ME!~!