Thursday, February 12, 2009

Finally bloggin' again

I've been absent for a while and I guess I'd better get on the stick and update my blog. Starting on a bittersweet note, a couple weeks ago my dear sweet Grandma B passed away. It was definitely a sad time for us to lose her. I'm glad that she had prepared us for that moment and we were blessed to be able to say our goodbyes. She is one of the most inspirational people I've known. I'm grateful to her and my Grandpa for their kindness and generosity. Had they not opened their home to my dad, life as I know it would be non-existent. She displayed such honesty, patience and faith. I will always look to her as an example. I love and miss her dearly.

Other than that, I've just been working my tail off at the spa trying to earn some money for my trip. Unfortunately, our spa has been affected a bit with the economy. I'm lucky to have some pretty faithful clients who keep me busy. And if anyone's looking for something to do for Valentine's, we have a wonderful "date night" package that you and your loved one can enjoy together. *shameless plug* I guess if you can't make it to the spa for Valentine's, I hope you all have a Happy freakin' Valentine's Day. Nope I'm not bitter at all :)

2 comments:

Logan said...

I'm sorry about your grandma. I know how you feel, my grandma passed away the day after Thanksgiving :( At least we know they're looking down on us (and loving us) from above!

Anonymous said...

Hey Trista I found your blog! That kinda sounds stalker-ish, but we talked about it yesterday, so I thought you wouldn't mind! THanks so much for the amazing pedicure, joe and i had so much fun with you and etta! And I think you did such a wonderful job and really hit those spots on my feet cause later last night I thought I went into labor! It was a false alarm, but I'm keeping my hopes up that it will happen soon! I'm so increadibly sorry about your grandma! I have lost all my grandparents except for my granny that I bring in. It's so hard, and there is really nothing anyone can do to make it better, but just knowing we will get to see them again is what gives me peace. Have fun at work and hopefully I will see you soon!