Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Busy week already...

Although it's only Wednesday, I'm exhausted.  On Monday, I had the opportunity to audition for an Aveda Freelance Advisor (AFA).  I had to perform a timed full face makeup application and have it judged to see if I have what it takes to work as a freelance makeup artist for Aveda.  I'm happy to report that I was chosen as one of four advisors for this area.  I'm so excited!  I'm sure you know how much I LOVE makeup so this is a great new opportunity for me to use my expertise to help others and allows me to gain experience to develop new skills.  As an AFA I can travel around to other Aveda salons to offer assistance for events. Yeah for me!  I had my first training yesterday and we were able to practice trend makeup on each other.   It was great to try something new. I can't wait for my first call. 

Then today I spend the first part of my day at the Big Business and Technology Expo at UVU.  I think this happens semi-annually and is filled with businesses either networking or advertising new business.  There are some great activities and food to enjoy.  We also have a booth set up there so come on by and enjoy a paraffin dip or a chair massage.   

4 comments:

tikichikadee said...

Congrats! That is awesome!

Angel Dawn said...

Very very cool. Happy you get to enjoy your life slathering makeup on other people so they aren't so hideous. HA HA

Logan said...

congratulations Trista! Man, if I had stayed at the Rz I would have liked to do that. I'm coming in to work one Saturday in April, didja hear? I don't think you'll be there that day though, I'm covering for Mary Kate. Fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

Yeah trista! that is so cool! You are so amazing at makeup I'm not surprised they chose you! Congrats it sounds like so much fun!