Friday, October 10, 2008

Ooh wee oooh I look just like Buddy Holly...




Tuesday night was a great night for music. I went to the Weezer concert with Angels and Airwaves. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Angels and Airwaves played. Speaking as a Blink 182 fan, sometimes Tom can be a little off. Not only were the vocals good, but I was really impressed with the lights. It made for an entertaining show. Unfortunately the cool lighting was not camera-friendly, but I did manage to get a couple of good pics anyway.

I really didn't know what to expect from Weezer. They came out and I could hear singing but I couldn't make out who it was. Rivers had this weird sock thing on his head and eventually I found out it was Scott who was opening the show. For those of you that don't know already, he has a couple of tracks on Weezer's Red album. Although I appreciate that other band members took turns singing lead vocals, I was really there to see hear Rivers who is really the voice of Weezer. They were very quirky and entertaining. Rivers jumped on a trampoline, slid around on his knees, played the drums, and shuffled around the stage like a pro. They also brought Tom back on stage to sing "The Sweater Song" which was an awesome take from a classic song. It was definitely one of the top shows I've seen.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I'm so jealous! I guess I can be comforted by the fact that I got to see Reba and Kelly last Friday- Woot woot!